Asbestos remediation is a cumbersome and potentially dangerous job if not performed within strict safety guidelines. Laser cleaning is being introduced to perform the heavy lifting so that you don’t have to. We understand that in most industries—but especially this one—the intricate details matter. Laser asbestos removal is a powerful enhancement to any remediation project. LaserClean has developed a tool for this application that could prove to be a game changer within the remediation industry.
Ingesting asbestos fibers causes a chronic inflammatory immune response.
Follow this link to learn more: https://www.pleuralmesothelioma.com/cancer/peritoneal/
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE ASBESTOS YOURSELF!
• Working on materials that contain asbestos may release the fibers into the air.
• Being exposed to small amounts over time can still have adverse health effects.
• Asbestos must be properly removed by a qualified professional in order to avoid or minimize the release of asbestos fibers into the air.
• Asbestos must be properly disposed.
Asbestos is a group of natural silicate minerals comprised of varying concentrations of tremolite, actinolite, anthophyllite, chrysotile, amosite and crocidolite. These bundles of fibers (up to 700 times smaller than a human hair) can be separated into thin, durable threads and used primarily for insulation until the late 1970s/early 1980s. Most commonly used types of asbestos are Chrysotile (white) and Amosite (brown / off-white). Asbestos is considered a form of hazardous waste.
Usually, asbestos is found in building materials that were installed before 1981. Asbestos is most commonly found in the fibres of older construction materials, and asbestos removal is required in any building displaying high levels of these minerals. Building materials that may contain asbestos include insulation, boiler insulation, boiler pipe insulation, wall and ceiling insulation, floor tiles, ceiling tiles, plasters, door gaskets, siding, cement roofing and shingles.
When left intact and undisturbed, asbestos containing materials do not pose a health risk to people working or living in buildings. However, when these materials release dust or fibers into the air where they can be inhaled or ingested, they become very harmful and can cause serious illnesses. Many of the fibers will become trapped in the mucous membranes of the nose and throat where they can then be removed, but some may pass deep into the lungs, or, if swallowed, into the digestive tract.